Monsuco's Blog

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 

My Samba class

I have been learning to use Samba (a Unix equivalent to Windows Server). Samba is used to network Windows and Linux machines. It is being finicky. I am doing most of this in VMWare Player. It is fun getting school credit to learn to do something I would have wanted to learn about on my own anyways. I also aim to learn Apache (a webserver), Xen (similar to VMWare only linux only), and tons of other server software. I hope to have a full Linux web server soon enough. Linux has been awsome on the desktop, and I can't wait to see it on the server.

In other news Microsoft has released Windows Vista. I am curious. I have heard from some it is a lot better, but I have heard from some it is far worse. I will stick with XP for my Windows partition as it is pointless to upgrade an old PC, I would only use Vista if it comes with a PC or if you really need something such as DirectX 10. Vista ain't nearly as good as Linux, I know that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

October 2005   November 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   January 2007   February 2007  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.

Blogger, your own personal online journal Firefox Web Browser Thunderbird E-mail client FrostWire P2PAzureus, the most powerful Bit Torrent client around!