Monsuco's Blog

Monday, August 14, 2006

 

School is starting soon

Well, school is starting fairly soon. I am sorta glad, it was getting rather dull not having anything to do but my latin for the summer (and maybe I can get a bit of help on it when school starts). I will miss hanging around at home but I am getting bored. Plus I will get the laptop back. I wonder if I ever really will learn to program Java and C? I sure hope so. I might learn a tad bit of C++ as I think most GUI's for programs need C++.

I have been playing around recently with the LiveCD of Sun's Project Looking Glass. It is a fun little 3D desktop environment written in Java. It is fun to play with. The CD is based on Slax (Slackware Live) but it is easy enough to use. It needs reasonably modern hardware. I wouldn't try it with less than 512 MB of ram (and a swap partion) and reccomend 1GB. I would also reccomend having either an ATI or NVidia graphics card (it comes with drivers). It is much cooler looking than Windows Vista's Aero, and OSX's Aqua.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

October 2005   November 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   January 2007   February 2007  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.

Blogger, your own personal online journal Firefox Web Browser Thunderbird E-mail client FrostWire P2PAzureus, the most powerful Bit Torrent client around!