Monsuco's Blog

Monday, February 27, 2006

 

CC Some Rights Reserved

In the event that anyone reads this blog, I have decided to license it under a Creative Commons license. I am doing this because I feel that it is the best license available. I choose to go with allowing commercial use and derivative works, but I did limit it with a copyleft. A copyleft is the use of copyright law to control derivative works. If you want to create a work based on this one you can, but you must use the same license I used to do so. Copylefts are used to prevent commercial takeovers of a work. For example, there was a famous incident were Microsoft referred to GNU General Public license, a popular open source license which uses copylefts as a cancer on the software industry after they were forced to give away the source code of a piece of developer software which M$ used pieces of Linux's code in. Linux is a GNU GPL piece of open source software (most distro's are anyways)
The only other thing you must do to comply with this license is remember to cite me as the original author. I see CC licenses as the solution to today's copyright problems. Check out their website. I hope you too decide to author any of your creative work under a CC or GNU license.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

October 2005   November 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   January 2007   February 2007  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.

Blogger, your own personal online journal Firefox Web Browser Thunderbird E-mail client FrostWire P2PAzureus, the most powerful Bit Torrent client around!